What is LED Light Therapy?
The LED lights are miniature bulbs inserted into fixtures that provide the light therapy. While traditional bulbs contain a filament that produces light, LED bulbs contain semiconducting diodes that interact with electrons to produce light in specific colors or wavelengths without emitting heat. The light penetrates into the skin and subcutaneous tissues and converts into energy that causes a number of beneficial biological effects.
Why are there different colour of LED lights used during light therapy?
The LED bulbs are designed to emit light in different colors, which represent different wavelengths on the light spectrum. Each wavelength penetrates the skin at a specific depth to provide unique benefits.
What are the benefits of the different light wavelengths?
- Red LED bulbs increases blood and lymph circulation in the region where the light is directed. In this way, the lights are used to speed healing as the therapy reduces inflammation and relieves pain. It is very anti-ageing.
- Blue LED bulbs is useful for killing the bacteria that leads to acne. The frequency also reduces inflammation.
- Green LED bulbs are designed to even out skin tones in areas exhibiting hyper-pigmentation. Green light therapy is also recommended for fading other types of discolorations or spots.
- Amber or Yellow LED bulbs is used to minimize redness and soothe skin. The frequency is also helpful in decreasing the appearance of spider veins.
- Purple, violet or ultraviolet light is widely reputed for having antimicrobial properties. Purple light also encourages new cell formation.
LED Light Therapy is now available at Beauty Regain. It can be used as an add-on to any of your favourite facials or can be a stand alone treatment. Everyone can benefit from LED Light Therapy and there are minimal contraindications.
If you are interested in finding out more information on this treatment, please contact the salon!